Eastern Health would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Janeway Foundation, the volunteers and all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians for making this year’s Janeway Telethon a huge success!
Thanks to the generous support of the people of Newfoundland and Labrador, a record-breaking total of $3,505,214 was raised to support the Janeway Children’s Health and Rehabilitation Centre. These donations go a long way toward ensuring that the latest in diagnostic and advanced treatment technologies will be at the fingertips of the Janeway’s medical team.
Due to the success of this year’s Telethon, the Janeway Foundation will provide funding for the following equipment and program areas, to name a few:
- Renovation to the Therapeutic Play Garden;
- Surgical microscope designed for the field of Ophthalmology, designed to handle both routine and complex procedures;
- Ultrasound system for the Janeway’s Emergency Department; and
- Mental Health and Addictions program, including but not limited to the following:
- Renovation and beautification of the Janeway Family Centre waiting room.
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) skills group training for adolescents.
- ADD/ADHD parent information sessions.
- Between Teens program for adolescent girls.
We invite you to revisit these heartwarming videos featuring stories of the 2019 Janeway Telethon champion child and miracle kids.